Friday, April 20, 2012

WHEN SOAPS AND SCI-FI COLLIDE!

I've always been a big believer in multi-geekdom.

And I've always gotten a thrill out of geekdom overlap (i.e. soaps and the sci-fi series, V).

I find it cool that a pre-Star Wars Mark Hamill appeared on General Hospital, and no matter what he goes on to do, Nathan Fillion will always be One Life to Live's Joey (or "Joe" as Dorian insisted on calling him) to me.

But, now, my geekdom has gone into overdrive with an upcoming comic book cross-over of Star Wars and Firefly.

According to the synopsis: Han Solo and Chewbacca have a falling-out after a deal with a shady customer goes bad. When the client gets designs on the Millennium Falcon, Han and Chewie present a united front that can’t be beat! “Mal” Reynolds, captain of the outlaw vessel Serenity, is no stranger to jobs gone wrong. But when the chips are down, he’s able to rely on an amazing, odd, and diversely talented crew for help!

Yeah.  I guess that could happen.  (Though I thought Star Wars took place a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, and Firefly is set in our own Earth's future, but, whatever....)

And here's the totally best part.  The above title will be available at no cost (one of my other favorite things) on Saturday, May 5, 2012 a.k.a. Free Comic Book Day!  For a list of participating retailers near you, go to: http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/20-190/Free-Comic-Book-Day-2012-Star-Wars-Serenity!

And remember, the Buchanans will be with you... always.  (Of course now that last part is making me think of Reva and Josh... This is all very confusing.)

No comments: